View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
forgive the newbie question: if I want to try and make a copy of my current firmware (on Mini) before syncing for the 2.4.0, what should I do? I read about people sending "images" of their firmware to others who needed it, but I am not sure where they got the image from.
What they have done is to open their device, take out the internal SD card and make a backup of that (either using linux, or a tool like WinImage

Now the other option is just to take a copy of the visible drive when the device is attached via USB, and be prepared to reload the original firmware from the images listed in a thread over in the Kobo Developpers forum here.

Last edited by PeterT; 02-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote