View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
Hi all -

My first post here...

I have non-drm epub's I'd like to read on my Mac and iPhone, and have the last-read-page and bookmarks automatically sync. As far as I can tell, it's completely impossible, even by converting to mobi and using Kindle apps.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks...
You could use Ibis Reader (ibisreader.com), a free ePub reading system. It incorporates free cloud storage, a web browser interface (for your Mac or PC) and a web apps for iPad, iPhone, and some Android smartphones. O'Reilly Publishing bought them several months ago, but it looks like they intend to keep the service up and running indefinitely.

Then there is the Kindle Personal Documents service. At one point this required a Kindle device to get the free cloud storage, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. But if so you can probably get a used one cheaply, just for this purpose. Of course you would need to convert to mobi, and it does not yet support the better KF8 formatting yet.

The Send To Kindle app is available on Mac as well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...00902880#print

One of the things it is supposed to let you do is to print from any app (such as email, Pages etc.) but Send To Kindle does not appear in the list of 'installed printers' on my Mac.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote