View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Every book purchased on kobobooks.com can be read on the kobo. The three formats available are:

WEB: Read online on kobobooks.com
MOBILE: Kobo's proprietary internal format (stored in the built-in sqlite database)
EPUB: For other eReaders like Sony and Nook via Adobe Digital Editions (yes the kobo supports this too)

You simply need to update the library on your kobo desktop app and then sync the kobo. Your purchase will be there.
At the moment I don't have the kobo desktop app - I have the Borders desktop app. I have looked at the Kobo website until my eyes hurt and I can't find it to download. Have found apps for mobiles etc and the confident message that it will be on my Kobo reader but of course it isn't.
The Borders app doesn't know anything about books from kobobooks.com

I know there was a link somewhere in these forums to get the kobo desktop app but I just can't find it. Does anyone have the link?
Also if I am successful in downloading the kobo app will it peacefully coexist on my computer with the Borders app?

Last edited by HarleyB; 08-08-2010 at 10:09 PM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote