View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #104
Harper Kingsley
Clone Trooper
Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harper Kingsley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes View Post
Spoke with an author giving a presentation on his books at Chapters in Canada. He told me that he is not and will not sell his ebooks through Chapters because they offer only half the royalty of his paper books. He sells his ebooks himself.
Makes me wonder what their royalty rates are. Amazon gives either 35% or 75% depending on which you choose. He must have a good deal through his print publishers, that or Chapters screws people over.

I could have sent my stuff through a publishing company, but there were so many listings and they try to make things as hard as possible--not accepting new authors, you need an agent, it will be 4 months before we even tell you we got your manuscript and you can't send it anywhere else, blah, blah.

The fact that my stuff is so hard to fit into any one genre makes it hard too. I guess I just didn't want to be labeled. And to pick my own label and have someone glance at my synopsis and toss my manuscript away because it doesn't match their niche...
Harper Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote