View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When I stuffed the 7000+ books on a friend's Aura, it took about a while to to process. It took longer for Calibre using the Kobo Touch Extended driver to process the books to .kepub.epub and send the ebooks, covers and metadata to the Aura. The second pass to send the series information and so on took about 4 minutes with virtually no delay on the Aura after the disconnect.

We were watching the Blackhawks and Bruins in first game of the Stanley Cup final so not paying all that much attention to the exact timing other than to say that we started the transfer just before the game, the first pass finished before the second intermission was over, the Aura was finished before the 1st overtime was over and he was ready to read before the 2nd overtime period started. We checked every now and then during commercials hence the inexact timing.

Regards,
David

David I am curious. If you turn your Aura off completely to power off mode. How long does it take to come back up? Mine takes quite a few mins I meant to time it but forgot to this morning but it seems to be about 5 mins to boot with the USD card in . Just curious if you have the same issue. Its instant if its sleeping.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote