View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
As I understand it, they are allowed to sell in the US, and not abroad. Strangely, the "location" of the transaction is where you, as a purchaser, are at that moment, so if you are not in the US (no matter your bank, credit card, nationality or phone number) they cannot sell to you.
Has this ever been challenged in court? Because I am a legal purchaser not trying to buck the system. I mean I could remote into my home computer, make the purchase, send the book(s) to my outside the USA and have them there. Why make me go through all that hassle just to make a legal purchase? If I ever found this to be an issue, I would ask my cousin (a judge) if that was legal.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote