View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #40
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
In general, I agree. I do not use any solvent type cleaners on my glasses or screens.

but I have run into things that a tiny bit of detergent, with a microfiber cloth, was MUCH easier to deal with, than without the detergent.
No doubt, just as (back in the days of cleaning regularly with detergent) I would pull out the heavy-duty cleanser on the stuck-on grime. But that doesn't mean I'd jump straight to the heavy-duty cleanser for every mess. Similarly, people shouldn't jump to microfiber+cleanser when microfiber+water will likely work.

My message was aimed at the millions of people (of whatever fraction of that read MRF) who seem to think that microfiber is useful only with special cleansers when, in fact, it's most useful as a product which can eliminate the need for even regular cleansers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Agreed. If the screen gets REALLY yucky (eg if your 3-year-old nephew has picked it up with jam-smeared hands ) a wipe with a dishcloth dipped in warm soapy water and then wrung-out, before using the microfibre cloth for a final "polish" works well.
I challenge you to try it next time with only the microfiber and water. Jam is really just sugar and should be easily cleaned with the basics. Try it. I'll even bet a shiny quarter that it'll work just as well.
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote