Thread: Battery life!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 AM   #68
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Doesn't that contradict what they've said to someone else? I'm sure I've read that Kobo has said before that we should completely deplete the battery before recharging.
You need to consider the context. In the previous post, they were talking about allowing the battery to discharge fully to calibrate the gauge meter (so it knows what exactly 100% charge is, and what depleted is, which varies between battery batches and such). In terms of memory effect that this post is talking about, they are correct.

So once you discharge nearly to empty a few times to calibrate, you don't need to do that again. Even if you never do, the gauge meter might not be pinpoint accurate, but your battery is still operating at optimal capacity.

Quote:
I'm not getting even the 1000 page turns someone else was told they should expect.
The Kobo was 'advertised' as 8000 pages per charge See my earlier post to my speculations regarding that.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote