View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Other identifying documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I didn't receive any instructions about not deregistering the PWs. They only asked to have the WiFi turned off. I have always deregistered by doing a full factory reset before returning any electronics item. Amazon has serial numbers and order numbers with which to verify any returned item.
If you enclosed the printed return authorization and enclosed a copy of your packing slip or invoice, Amazon will also be able to eventually identify that you returned the units.

However, it will take much longer than if they still had your unit registered when received at the warehouse.

CS had told me last year, when I returned my first Fire, that the deregistration at the warehouse automatically generates the email and credit and / or refund.

If you call CS, you could verify all this. Its possible it changed over the last year. One thing which has changed is that they now will schedule a UPS pickup at your house or office instead of you having to drop off the package to UPS or pay for a pickup. I found that out a few days ago when I returned another product to Amazon. There was no need to contact CS. It was all done online at the Order page.

In addition, that last product I returned did not have a mailing label generated. It said the UPS truck would have the label when they picked up the product. It only generated for me a return authorization page which had to be enclosed with the product in the package. The email I receieved had the UPS tracking number.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-21-2012 at 02:49 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote