View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Technical problems...

For starters, Android is kind of like Windows--it'll run on just about any hardware, but you have to have drivers to make stuff work. Each company gets a copy of Android and then modifies it to work with their hardware. You would have to do the same thing for your device (the wonderful people at XDA Developers does it for you).

I'm not sure how boot loaders work, but I know I can make an SD card for my Nook Tablet with 3 different versions of Android and boot to whichever one I choose. I'm sure the same can be done with just about any device with the right amount of know-how and many hours of trial and error.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote