View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #620
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Stop it, y'all are killing me!!! There is NO BBQ here, none at all. Chris says nearest "decent" BBQ place is in Chicago, but not being an expert in BBQ, he doesn't know exactly where or what kind is "decent" to MY standards. I would absolutely kill for some good brisket right about now. (Okay, well maybe not, but I'd sure do a lot of things....). Even if I find a BBQ place near enough to get to semi-regularly, I'd say it's a safe bet the specialty will be pork, not beef. *whine*.
Oh, Shel, I wish you could have been here yesterday. (Well, except for the tornado warnings all day!) My nephew fixed brisket for our Labor Day cookout, and honestly, he worked on it for 2 days or so. The first day he used a marinade (or maybe a rub?) on it, then yesterday morning he put it on the grill and smoked it for 8 hours. Then it had to rest. (It was quite a production, lol!)

It was mouth-wateringly good. The smell alone while it was cooking was incredible, but the taste, and the tenderness...OMG.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote