Thread: charging
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
Jacobdan
Jacobdan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
You don't mention which USB standard is used on your PC, or whether you are using a USB hub, so it's hard to say exactly. Here's the problem: The USB 1 standard failed to specify voltage so most manufacturers sent no power at all through to USB 1 connectors. USB 2 does specify sending voltage to attached devices but it is a low power level. Most USB hubs don't send power to the connectors unless the hub has its own power source: a plug to the power main. The small, unpowered hub I use with my laptop is like that: even though the machine has USB2 hubs, there is no power sent to devices connected through the unpowered hub.

My PRS always charges faster through the mainline connection, so if you get a quick charge through the transformer plugged into the power main, it sounds like your experience is normal.
hey there, just got a Sony Reader PRS-600 and everything firn for first go to set up, download ebooks and even recharge via USB. Went back to laptop to recharge via USB and laptop (and desktop) give error message "USB not recognised" ?

Any ideas on why cant link via USB and recharge ?
(reader shows USB connection image on screen)

Thanks, Dan
Jacobdan is offline   Reply With Quote