View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
My mother is on her third Kobo. The first was replaced, albeit with a three-week delay, via Chapters (Her local one, not 200 miles away where I bought it). The second was running a little herky jerky until she took it to Chapters and the anarchist at the front desk took it to the back and returned it as a non-functional brick. I had her contact Kobo customer support. Kobo's shipping box arrived within 48 hours, and she had a replacement less than a week later.

I could understand the delay the first time, given that is was less than a month into product life and this all happened within two weeks of her getting it on Mother's Day. Supply was slim, very slim at the time. I have no idea why the intractability the second time, but no member of my family will ever step into a Chapters ever again.

On the other hand, I bought a Kobo for my nephew for Christmas. I TRUST Kobo Customer Support. And I've expressed that support with cold hard cash.

GM

P.S. I also point out that I'm a Kindle3 user. Different needs, different eReaders. It's NOT a Kobo slam.
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote