View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #31
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Baen is the poster child for anti-DRM success.

It'll be a while, but they'll drop DRM--because they hate Amazon. As long as their books are DRM'd, their Amazon customers aren't going to leave for other stores. (I find this hilarious. The publishers don't like Amazon's success, but they don't want to remove their content from the store. It's like they think Amazon should run itself for *their* benefit, rather than for Amazon's profit.)
Sorry I left out Baen. Can't seem to figure if they are successful or not.

And people hating Amazon enough to forgo profit may possibly be a minority group.

I imagine most of us would like it if everyone ran things for our benefit. Today Amazon and all the book sellers, tomorrow the world.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote