Thread: Calibre2Web
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #20
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
When you say that you want no sub-level, note that Stanza on the Iphone/iPod seems to only be able to handle a few hundred items (not sure of the exact upper limit) before it starts crashing (not sure of the exact upper limit) which was why I was asking about sub-divisions.
Uhm... Stanza (latest released version) on both a 2G and 3G iPhone (firmware 2.2 on both) doesn't crash using an online catalog with >3000 books on a single level. :-)
(Yes, takes quite some time to load but technically it works just fine. :) )

If yours does, something is wrong.

Please note that I'm generating my (static) catalogs myself and not using Calibre2Web - I'm on Linux. :-)

Speaking of which - in the Python version, please add a pagination option (preferrably defaulting to 25 entries) so that result fetching is sensibly fast even on slower links.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote