View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #47
uebyn
uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.uebyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I was outside a few weeks back and my neighbour was reading on his front step and I asked what he was reading. His reply of "oh, just some fiction" made me stop and think. Do we really value plain old stories so little? I know I don't.
Yes, I find it strange that people tend to put down the act of reading fiction, almost as though you have to be reading something 'important' or 'relevant' to be a properly functioning adult.

I especially love reading fiction written centuries ago, because it makes you see how, in spite of all the technological advancements, we are at the end of the day still the same fragile, delicate, struggling creatures as our ancestors used to be.
uebyn is offline   Reply With Quote