View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 04:43 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Sony's e-Book reader LIBRIe to use E-Paper!

This is some great news from Geekzone :
Quote:
Royal Philips Electronics, Sony Corporation and E Ink Corporation announced today the world's first consumer application of an electronic paper display module in Sony's new e-Book reader, LIBRIe, scheduled to go on sale in Japan in late April. This first ever Philips' display utilizes E Ink's revolutionary electronic ink technology which offers a truly paper-like reading experience with contrast that is the same as newsprint.
This is soooo great for us eBook fans. Look at the features:
  • reflective display (can be easily read in bright sunlight or dimly lit environments)
  • black and white ink-on-paper look
  • a resolution of approximately 170 pixels per inch (PPI) - more than any other portable device has!
  • read more than 10,000 pages (imagine a standard book with 250 pages - this equals to 40 books!) before replacing the four AAA Alkaline batteries
  • compact and lightweight form factor
  • allows users to download published content, such as books or comic strips from the Internet
  • can store up to 500 downloaded books

I promise, once this thing is out and available in my country, I will buy it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eink_philips_double_eReader.jpg
Views:	3462
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	302  
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote