View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #15102
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Hugh Howey and Tony Hillerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well, I completed reading Night Watch, a Russian Urban Fantasy, and also watched the movie adaptation of it. The book is divided into three novellas and the movie was based on just the first of the three. Down the road a ways I'm sure I'll read the next book in the Night Watch trilogy of novels (the trilogy has now expanded to a total of 4 books).

For my first book of 2013, I'm going to read Hugh Howey's newest addition to the Wool saga (Silo Series (Wool) [7]), Second Shift: Order that, like Night Watch, I received as a Christmas present.
I completed my read of Second Shift: Order. Just after I started reading it my 'Christmas Kindle PaperWhite' arrived by UPS! So my first book of 2013 was read on my new PaperWhite! Second Shift: Order was, as we've grown to expect from Hugh Howey, an excellent book and well worth the price (...er...I know, it was a present)...the asking price!

Right now I'm just starting to read the 14th book of the Leaphorn/Chee mysteries by Tony Hillerman, Hunting Badger.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote