View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Glenn, one of the things we routinely complain about is that certain new books aren't being offered in electronic format. And even when they are, we tend to be upset at the price. Most of us believe that an electronic book should not cost more than the equivalent paperback, given that there are no tangible materials involved, no shipping, and no need to keep a reserve for returns from unsold stock. That should significantly lower the cost to the consumer -- but I'm afraid that they are using that to increase the profit to the publisher and retailer.

With my Kindle from Amazon, there's a link on most pages at Amazon.com that says "Tell the publisher I'd like to read this book on my Kindle". I don't know if that goes anywhere or makes any difference at all, but it does feel good when I click on it.

Welcome to MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote