View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapjan View Post
Browser ... online. Topic ... loaded. Tinfoil hat .. reading green and ready. Speculation ... engage!

Anyway. More serious.

I suspect the first half of 2008 will not see much eInk activity in regards to new products. We may see several community or software improvements over the next months though. I hope so.

In the second half of 2008 I hope the software and hardware for current readers will be maturing and become more solid in use, support and pricing. I also suspect eInk prices will gradually lower.

2008 should see at least several new products though and I think connected readers along with connection-aware shops will see a rise.

Fictionwise will almost certainly improve integration of their existing catalog with their newest MobiPocket aquisition and perhaps make some online API for searching/buying akin to Amazon. Would be smart of them.
Ah, future speculation. I agree that the first half won't ship much but perhaps we'll see some announcements.

I think e-INK backlogs will finally clear. Second half of the year will see a 9.7" display device. I think Amazon or Sony may finally role out to other markets. Amazon will need a wireless change but I doubt that there will be other changes.

Fictionwise, of course bought eReader and I suspect they may do something special with it like getting it on an eBook Reader.

I suspect Adobe will be more active in getting reflow PDF out on eBook Readers. While this won't solve all the PDF problems it will help. I also expect better PDF support from several eBook Readers.

I think we will see a better lighting solution for e-INK (possibly side light).

I think we will see more activity in ePUB among the major players.

There, now that I am out on a limb, anybody got a saw?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote