View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
making a good start : new or used ?

I just discovered these forums and have been learning a lot in the past few days, thanks to all of you.

I've wanted an ebook reader for quite some time, mainly for all the gutenberg texts which i have enthusiastically saved on my computer but cannot bear to read on the screen (i spend all day staring at the screen for work and that is enough, and also i really like to read in bed but my pc is not very cuddly). Now i am ready to buy one and i have been doing my research... But some enlightened opinions would be appreciated.

I am very tempted by the Cybook Gen3 but it is a big investment so i am thinking of starting out with an eBookwise 1150 first, to make sure i like using a device for reading. Then I can buy a Gen3 later.

I have found a new eb-1150, but i also saw a used RCA eBook REB 1100.

my questions are :

1. are there any big differences in features / quality between the reb 1100 and the eb-1150 ? i have not found much reference to the 1100.

2. apparently i cannot change the battery in these devices, this is why i am more tempted to get a new one, however the used ones are much cheaper !! is it worth it ? is battery life a problem in used devices ? even if i do get a Gen3 later, there are many features on the eb-1150 which seem nice to me (touchscreen for taking notes, dictionary, ergonomy --reviews have said it is very well-designed) so i don't want to buy a device which will only be useable a few months.

3. since i would like to get a Gen3 later on if all goes well (e-ink looks nice ! and easy on the eyes... my eyes are tired after a long day of staring at my computer), i think that if i do buy any books for the reader (you never know) i should buy them in mobi format (for my future Gen3) and then convert them for the eb-1150, is this difficult ?

thanks in advance for any advice ! hopefully i will buy my device this week...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote