View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Gannett
Gannett began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello from California!

Hello.
Came accross this site by accident, looks very interesting.

I am currently scanning and preparing electronic versions of British pulp novels from the 1950s to the 1970s, mainly John Creasey at the moment. I've completed one book, The Toff in New York, and am working on The Toff on the Farm.

My workflow is scanning chapter-by-chapter, OCR-ing the pages with Microsoft Office Document Imaging, then working through to correct scanning errors, etc. It takes me about 3 hours to do an 8-page chapter. The text is still in Word format, ready to conversion to AZW for my Kindle, or any other format in the future.

Originally I started doing it so I would have electronic versions for my Kindle, as I couldn't find them in the store, but I'm finding it alot easier than I thought (just time-consuming) and want to do more.

I'm wondering if there's a demand for these kind of books, whether I should just give them away or approach the rights holders and see if there is any interest there.

I'm looking forward to delving into the forum here, and getting to know other ebook creators!
Gannett is offline   Reply With Quote