View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #47
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Lightbulb an ancient technology competition ?

Is that what this thread is turning to - a listing of ancient technology ?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Well, my first handheld for e-books was Cassiopeia A-11, manufactured in 1997. Its display is 5.25 inch non-backlit greyscale LCD display. A little bit improved brother of this old display is still used in JetBooks.
OK, fine, you win, I'll join right in:
In the dark ages, I remember using 180k floppy-based Z80-based machines to read and/or communicate 'online' in text mode ONLY, via 300bps acoustic connection on monochrome screens - but wait !
That was AFTER learning on mainframes using teletypes ONLY.
And so what - who would care that I am older than dirt ?
(Shall we now start an age competition too ?)
And so I have an E-ink reader now, because it was cheap enough for me to get it when the silly little JB had quit. A happy accident, so far.

But I posted this thread about positive experiences with added warranties, so all this chatter about reading from granite slabs is very... !!!

Now back to our scheduled program...or not...
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote