View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeman View Post
Yes, but i need a real e-reader and the ipad is simply not suitable for alot of reading when it comes to eye-stress, glare, battery longetivity and it produces too much heat compared to the average e-reader. But the ipad remains one of those tempting "i wanna have it" gadgets :-)
Have you tried reading on an iPad? I mean seriously tried it? I do most of my reading now on my iPad, and find it a very pleasant experience indeed. There is no noticeable heat produced - my iPad is as cool after a long reading session as it is at the start. I recharge my iPad about once a week, which is the same interval at which I recharge a number of my eInk readers. "eye-stress" will only occur if you have the screen brightness set too high - turn it down to the minimum level at which you can clearly see the screen. "Glare"? I don't see it myself.

The really key benefit of the iPad is that you can read pretty much any eBook on it by installing the appropriate reading app. Whether you want to buy books from Amazon, B&N, Apple, or whoever, they are all available. No dedicated reader can do that.

The iPad is an excellent reading device; I thoroughly recommend it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote