View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #111
jezistamiluje
jezistamiluje began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360, boox m92
Replying to the Booxtor's question about the suggestions for Boox m92 firmware.
1) Most importantly, the dictionary tool while reading a book should be improved in the following ways:

a) it would be useful to be able to type a word using a virtual keyboard. (One can do it in the special dictionary application, but for that one has to leave the book.) Pocketbook for example has that option.

b) it would be good to be able to browse the WHOLE dictionary in the alphabetical order starting at the position of the world that you have clicked on. There is a possibility to browse the "similar words", but the program usually suggest just few of them or (more often) none at all.

c) It would be useful, although maybe difficult to add, would be to enable the user to look up a word from the dictionary explanation. This is especially useful when one uses explanatory dictionaries and does not understand a word in the explanation. I think sony ereader dictionary can do such a thing for example.

2) the automatic shutdown can be set up to up to 15 minutes. It would be useful to add longer times. If one reads maths for instance, it is quite rare that one is able to read a page in 15 minutes. I think this should be easy to change.

Those are the most important things for me. Thank you Booxtore and thank to the Chinese programmers if they are willing to listen to the users.
jezistamiluje is offline   Reply With Quote