View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Thanks, ldolse.

So long has I have "///Table of Contents///" and "## Sub Header" in my text file, the Auto/Auto on the paragraph type does not work, neither does Single/Auto: all the intended paragraphs (the single line on the the text file) are becoming a huge block concatenated together; and even though I checked "Do not add detected chapters to the table of contents" on the Table of Contents tab, the linkable table of contents gets generated.

I don't know anything about markdown, I got the example from someone else on this forum before and it worked perfectly on older versions which I think you are right, the older version was more lenient on this. Now you said basically markdown requires blocking formatting, it all starts to make sense.

I was hoping I can reuse my old text file most of which has each chapter in one block and within each block/chapter every paragraph is on a single line - which is very easy to navigate at a glance in a text editor and which worked fine on old versions of Calibre, now I have to change each line to a block to make the markdown more "Official", the text file is not as easy to navigate now as at a glance, I cannot tell chapters from paragraphs on the text file. But I guess that's the way it should be (?).
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote