View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjnjk View Post
When I switch library (using the dropdown next to Library button), I expect Calibre to 'switch library' from library1 to library2 (meaning: calibre shows library2's books). But it seems after switching, calibre shows library1's books as library2's ones and thinks it's working with library2. After closing calibre, I switched to library1 using the .bat file then used 'Library Maintenance > Check Library'. It showed that there were some extra titles and authors (which were library2's books).
I haven't tried 'Copy to library' (I'm a scaredy-cat), so I don't know if it works or not.
Well, I wouldn't expect that behavior either.

Is there any chance that one library is in a subdirectory of the other?

Also, what version of calibre are you running? A lot of the pre-built releases are very old. You might be seeing bugs that have been long fixed. My understanding is that if you install calibre onto a USB drive and use the .bat file that changes the preferences location, then you end up with a portable version. Itimpi knows much more about this than I do, so I hope he will correct me if I am spreading lies.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote