Thread: final decision
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
The Kobo has terrible PDF reading built-in. But it can do single word translations, I believe. Aside from tablets in the 10" category (which tend to be much better at working with PDFs than most e-ink e-readers), I can't think of any affordable e-ink devices that handle PDF "well". Kindle Paperwhite does OK, but not great. And it is far better at handling PDFs than the Kobos. Sony has their new PDF reading device but it is over $1,000 dollars which is crazy.

Among Onyx Boox devices, the M96 is probably the best for PDFs. But that is a hefty price to pay.

The Kindle Paperwhite software can translate entire pages/sections/sentences so I am sure there may be other people who do this.

Still, your needs may be met by one of these devices.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote