View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #115
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That is exactly what I was saying. I do not understand the connection of size to the retina screen. It would seem that the buttons would be just as hard to hit and a resolution of 163 ppi is like indistinguishable to the 167 of E Ink devices.
Yes, the buttons would still be as hard to hit, but the text would be sharper so easier to read in the smaller size.

I see what you're saying with regard to the sharpness of the text compared to eInk; it's more the text on buttons, settings, lists and notifications that I'm referring to, rather than displayed text where you have control over the font size.

Bear in mind when comparing to eInk that the interface there is designed for the screen size (around 6"). The iPad mini will be using the tablet versions of the iPad apps, designed for a screen about another 2" larger on the diagonal.

It may well be fine, but probably worth checking in the shops before purchase to see if it suits you.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote