View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
Unhappy e-ink/reader framebuffer device (killed it, sorta)

basically through fooling around I managed to stop the reader side from working (and also make my library apparently disappear). almost positive this is because I installed busybox and that something in the startup scripts is failing because of this

namely, /dev/graphics/fb2, the framebuffer device for the reader side, isn't being created anymore.

but I found that by loading ep3522fb (and a handful of dependencies) it works just fine again. well, except for the pen - obviously either another module isn't being loaded or some input service isn't being run. required modules were:
sysimgblt.ko
sysfillrect.ko
syscopyarea.ko
fb_sys_fops.ko
ep3522fb.ko

trying to get back to a fresh install, but so far attempts to reinstall ermine or do a downgrade to golden dingo, have all failed - it says it's doing the upgrade but when it finally reboots I'm still in my same old system.

not terribly worried, either I'll figure out how to get the reader pen working too, or manage to get a clean reinstall somehow. the library refusing to work is a little annoying - I can open books from flash storage but again the library claims to be empty and trying to import books into it looks successful but doesn't do anything.

just thought this may be an interesting little bit of info to have written down somewhere, for someone. obviously nothing brilliant to see here, but still.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote