View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
duepixel
duepixel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You need to keep in mind, though, that Calibre is not designed for "working on text", as you say- it's designed to convert and manage books.
That said, I'm a believer in the Zero-One-Infinity rule of software design, as long as the interface isn't too cluttered- so if you can figure out a way to make a potentially unlimited list, that'd be the best solution, if not, I don't think it'll be much difference if we have three fields as opposed to six or however many you'd put in- there'll always be people begging for more.
it's true, calibre is not designed to work on text, at least before the introduction of the S & R.

Until version 0.7.40 I was often forced to use Mobipocket to convert, and then re-import it into calibre for optimization of the text (unwrap, Paragraphs ...) and management (metadata, cover, database, upload on device).

With version 0.7.42 (S & R) I left other tools and takes less time to do this.
My goal is to read a fairly well-formatted e-book on my kindle 3, I will not waste time rewriting the ebook with Sigil!
@ldolse: does not matter if the text contains some little errors not caught by by a regexp.
I think this is the goal of most people using calibre!

however, I think a solution with a dynamic list for the management of S & R will comes to mind to developers. You can simply add a "Add" button that will display a new pair of fields Search / Replace...
Easy.

Last edited by duepixel; 01-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
duepixel is offline   Reply With Quote