View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #90
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
giorgio130,

I placed a thread in the regular Kobo forum about not upgrading to 3.20 with this hack installed.

I have nothing but gratitude for your work, but I got nailed last night(GLO updated to 3.20 with no touch input), then found the problem was known but not pointed out anywhere other than this thread. That's great if you remember to check this thread first, but the way Kobo springs updates on the customer makes it a little harder.

Frankly, I wish they'd find a way to add the hacks and mods that you guys work so hard on into the regular firmware so messing about like this isn't required to get the benefits. I wish you leading mods and developers could get together with someone at Kobo and get them to allow you to submit your mods for approval and integration into the regular firmware and give you guys the credit you deserve.

Adding multi-touch and the night mode are two handy clever hacks that should already be present in the firmware. I suppose it would be too much to wish they'd also standardize a launcher and support that too.

Anyway, thanks again for a brilliant, if slightly troublesome last night, hack!
But.... Many many of the hacks are highly personal in nature. Not all people want the same changes.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote