View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #137
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The Catalog function is under Convert Books in the right-click menu. It adds books that you have selected. Generating a catalog takes half a minute. I make one of my On Device books, and I update it when I'm changing the Kindle's content.

After finding a book in the Catalog on the Kindle, I go back to the home screen, put the author's last name and a title keyword (edit: into the search), and the book comes up.

(edit: if the book opens with the search results instead of the book itself, then use the "GoTo" button in the bottom right to jump to the book. You can also tap and hold the found book for 2 seconds so the book's menu comes up, and then tap the cover.)

Obviously, the catalog only works if your library is organized and tagged perfectly. For the catalog, the saying "crap in, crap out" holds very true.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-30-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote