Thread: MobileRead June 2013 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #54
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I think this closes out the nomination period.

Now that it is done, I will comment on how open the category is by posting this: List of Literary Awards and List of Literary Awards by Country

I know there was discussion when choosing categories that these should be "major" awards, but that wasn't what was finalized. Just looking at the "American Literary Awards" there are 227 different awards that would have qualified and the list isn't intended to be exhaustive - just those that have separate wiki pages. If I hadn't been so busy at work this week I would have tried to find a couple even more obscure ones and nominated something from them. Maybe a good "splatterpunk" award or something. I seem to remember some "interest" in that category.
I think making it any prize makes it more open to interesting options. I was late to the nomination party and would have looked for something from a poetry prize.

Or you could go to the obscure like the Diagram prize and something like The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification. Anyone looking for a gift for me could get me a copy of that one. I would very much appreciate it.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote