View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #430
SauliusP.
Plugin developer
SauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notesSauliusP. can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
It would then be nice to have a plugin (or to modify an existing one) to add/remove this sort of "hyphenation emulation" to ePubs before conversion to mobi8/azw3.
There is a need to extend Calibre's architecture here, I believe. Conversion is done with two types of plugins: InputFormatPlugin, which reads input file (EPUB in your example) and creates intermediate OEB book and OutputFormatPlugin, which out of OEB creates desired output book, e.g. AZW3. Problem is that there is no "Intermedate" plugin, which could modify OEB before conversion. If there was such a thing, it would be damn nice to add various "modifiers". One of them could be hyphenator. I could implement it, if there was a possibility like this, because I wouldn't like to create a GUI plugin for this type of work.

Will read Calibre's manual on plugins and raise an idea. In my native language words are much longer than in English and I am crazy about this soft-hyphenation myself.
SauliusP. is offline   Reply With Quote