View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #37
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
We never had any books around, and no one else in my immediate family (sister, two brothers, mother, father) read. But when I was 10, we moved 1 block from a library. I was in heaven.

Like poohbear, I didn't have a nice childhood, but they say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger? I escaped into books, and that allowed me to remake my life. I cannot understand people (including my daughter) who don't read. I can't imagine never having the experience of HAVING to read the last 5 pages of the mystery I was reading on the train that morning. Or staying up 15 minutes to finish a chapter. I simply do not understand how reading is an activity done by a minorty of people.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote