View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #118
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
So ... are you folks saying that when I cleaned up my old LPs and turned them into CDs and/or mp3 files, I had some actual legal obligation to keep the LPs? Or when I converted my VHS tapes to DVDs, I was supposed to keep the tapes piled up in the closet? Or if I scan a book, I'm supposed to hold on to the paper copy?

Why? Either legally or from a commonsense perspective, why?
I would say that in America the law is not clear, so I personally would advise keeping them. I would say that the law is way behind the technology still. If we are talking purely LEGALLY that is. I am fairly sure that if you can prove you bought and paid for (or otherwise legally obtained) the original, you would be safe, LEGALLY.

But that is my opinion, and not the opinion of a lawyer or judge, so take that as you may.