View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 AM   #40
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I have the original Shomi version and Hidden but have not read them. I have all the Shomi books in paperback and slowly picking up the e-versions. Now I know I need to wait till the revised version of Hidden is released. Did she happen to say when the new version is coming out? I'm impatient.
She just said she was working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Like you I prefer originals and don't care for when authors update their books especially to reflect technology changing. I love the idea that their once was no cell phones or internet. Makes it all the more challenging. Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!
Exactly. Plus it makes no sense when they update records or cassettes to MP3, walkman to iPod, etc and still have the characters running around without cell phones.

Honestly, their time would be better spent writing new stories IMO.

A technology update isn't the reason for the update/revamp of Driven though, since it's a futuristic book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I don't know about that. If they take out the make-up, the hair styles, and the white ribboned tights, it might be worth it...
I don't pay much attention to fashion, never have, so those descriptions don't bother me.

I have been reading a bunch of Krentz categories she whote as Stephanie James and all of the teal sweaters, silk pants, rust colored wide-cuffed sleeves, etc make me smile.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote