View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Ooh, thanks. Driven was the first book I bought at the Sony Store when I got my reader (the original Shomi version which I also own in paperback) and I have been debating about buying the updated version when there are already so many new-to-me books in my tbr pile.

FWIW, I wrote the author and she said the revised version was about 5000 additional words which includes bonus content at the end and a few new scenes woven throughout the book.

I'm not a big fan of authors reworking their previous books, but appreciate when they are upfront about it and don't try to "trick" readers. I do hope this and the revised Hidden (once it goes on sale) sell well enough that she'll write the rest of the series. I would love to get Yuriko's story.

Gee, sounds like I've talked myself into buying it...

I have the original Shomi version and Hidden but have not read them. I have all the Shomi books in paperback and slowly picking up the e-versions. Now I know I need to wait till the revised version of Hidden is released. Did she happen to say when the new version is coming out? I'm impatient.

I don't have a problem rebuying a Dorchester book that now goes straight to the author. More than likely they never got paid for the first purchase.

There was another Shomi book that was rewritten by Mari Mancusi. I've bought it twice. The original and rewritten.

Like you I prefer originals and don't care for when authors update their books especially to reflect technology changing. I love the idea that their once was no cell phones or internet. Makes it all the more challenging. Leave those 80s stories just the way they are!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote