View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post

Try selecting the text in the PDF and pasting it into an ascii text editor (notepad) so you can view it - see if it pastes in correctly.
there is a workable DIY workaround in that suggestion.

I can open in adobe, select all, copy to clip board, open word , paste.

That grabs the entire book text with no double L issue. It loses pictures but that's the only weakness.

i would now proceed with save as filtered html, add to calibre run thru heuristcs & convert to epub....

would have saved many hours of repair. I may just continue thru the whole process & see how it works out...

update- as a 2nd workaround, I Dl'd mobi packet creator - that converted the pdf with no LL issues also.

Last edited by cybmole; 01-25-2011 at 02:53 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote