View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
I also found the Nook to be a disappointment - you can see my thread here; https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93750

Honestly, I don't understand the praise the touch screen gets; it's more annoying than anything with its reflections and glare from overhead lights and the clunky GUI.

I've been forcing myself to try to get used to it by reading a few books but every now and then one of the very annoying features shows its ugly head and I find them impossible to ignore. So distracting and so unnecessary. Thankfully the designers of the new K3 had far more sense and focused on what makes for a good reading experience.

FWIW, I also considered a Sony but dismissed their current 6inch model because of the touch screen glare and reduced contrast. The 5 inch was too small. I wish I'd found a used 505 on ebay now instead of getting the Nook though.

Last edited by AdrianM; 08-24-2010 at 03:46 AM.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote