View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"The Three Laws of Zombiotics" - STORIES, PSEUDO NON-FICTION, POETRY, ETC. NEEDED

Welcome MobileRead Members:

During a discussion of Zombies in the Chat Area, many of us were poking fun at Zombies - well, ok, we also poked long, sharpened sticks at them, but that's another story -; it occurred to me that what we were actually discussing is what I term "The Three Laws of Zombiotics," obsessional-based contributions upon the zany attributes of the Living Dead. I mean, the Living Undead. Ok, ok: Undead Creatures who refuse any kind of dietary supplement, choosing rather to stay locked into a seemingly narrow-based protein diet consisting of brains. Sheeeesh!

[The word 'Zombiotics' may need to be changed, however.]

It occurred to me that it's been a long time since I've assembled a book for MobileRead; so, this seems like a good idea waiting to happen.

I'm thinking that if enough Members show interest, this could become a wonderful collection of stories, pseudo non-fiction pieces, poetry, etc. for all lovers of the undead.

Here's what we have so far, for our Proposed Laws:

THE THREE LAWS OF ZOMBIOTICS

1) A zombie shall seek out brains from living members of its original species. [Thanks to Solitaire1.]

2) A zombie shall not eat another zombie. [Me.]

3) A zombie shall act in complete disregard of all circumstances while relentlessly focused upon pursuing its objective as stated in the First Law. [Thanks to jinlo.]

Remember, these are Proposed Laws, subject to revision and/or deletion.

Once they are codified, I'll start asking for contributions for an ebook collection, but if you already have something, send it along to me. PM me, please.

In the meantime, we can discuss this until body parts start to deteriorate. I mean, until body parts have decomposed to where there is nothing left but a sticky, jelly-like residue left on the keyboard.

Also, please give a hand (or finger ) to the participants over in the Chat Area for contributing - MAINLY - their sense of humor, a rare commodity these days.

If one can't laugh, then you probably already are a Zombie. And I know one person who fits that bill.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-15-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote