View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Alighieri, Dante: La divina commedia (Illustrated, Multilingual), v2 26 Sep 2009

"La divina commedia" (The Divine Comedy), written by Dante Alighieri between 1308 and 1321, is considered one of the greatest works of world literature, and a central work of Italian literature. It is an allegoric epic poem telling the journey of the author through the Christian Hell, Purgatory and Paradise, where he meets a plethora of sinners, monsters and virtuous souls...

This edition includes the original Italian text, along with four different translations: German (by Carl Streckfuß), English (by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow), Portuguese (by José Pedro Xavier Pinheiro), and Russian (by Mikhail Lozinsky). All the versions are cross-linked every 15 verses, in an attempt to make a kind of parallel edition. French and Spanish translations are under preparation, but may take some time (I wrote this in February, and it's still valid ).

Included too are the famous illustrations by Gustave Doré (135 woodcuts), and an illustration gallery to quickly access each of them.

However, as much as I would like, this is not "the ultimate" edition, since it's missing all the notes many of the online texts have, but adding them would have been too much work for me now, maybe someone else will decide to try that.

I think this is my most complex book so far, so it's probably full of errors and mistakes, though I did my best to make each version consistent and follow the language's typographic conventions. And, of course, all kind of feedback is welcome.

Due to the large size of this book, I had to split it in two parts with RAR.

(Note: I did only split the texts at each "part": Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso, not at each Canto. That makes the files larger that 300 kB, so the book won't probably work on Sony devices.)

EDIT (v2): Updated to support the epub2pdf script (though be prepared for large memory requirements if you use it with this book).

(previous download count: 64)

Last edited by Jellby; 09-26-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote