Thread: MobileRead Book Club Selections List
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #35
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I don't mind which four months are open really (I'm even fine with it being both classics), but I do think it would be better if we went with either the first months of each group of three, the second months of each group of three, or the third months of each group of three, to keep some sort of regular schedule to it.

So those options are:

First month of each three (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct) = Runner-up, Humour, Mystery, Horror
Second month of each three (Feb/May/Aug/Nov) = Romance, Fantasy, FreeForAll, Science Fiction
Third month of each three (Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec) = Thriller, Classic, NonFiction, Classic

If 2/3 of the months are hidden, then I don't see a problem with both classics months being hidden, though with only 1/3 open, I do think it would be a little odd for both classics months to be open. So the "third month" option is probably not ideal.

So that leaves first or second month as the better options, in my opinion. But I really don't care, I'm just throwing out some suggestions that may work well and be the simplest considering the circumstances.

I do think, though, that we should just leave this to Tom to decide. Give our opinions and whatnot then let him decide which four months to have open. Which months are open are not that important and there's other things to discuss.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote