View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauliusP. View Post
Why, I think it could be quite simple. It is not about the line, but about word break. So, if word starts (and/or ends) with a syllable shorter than two letters, first two (or last respectively) would not be split up.
Exactly. As I understand it, it's not about the line, but about the word break.

Just to clarify, syllables in English (and in French and Dutch) should not be broken if two letters or less would be left stranded on either line. Only a syllable made up of three or more letters should be broken.

I don't know if this style rule applies in other languages, so it would be great if users themselves could define the minimum number of letters in broken syllables.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote