View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
Nits aside, I have to agree that when I write things, I seem to do a better job of editing and catching faux pas when I am looking at paper rather than a computer screen.
I prefer to edit work-related material on a hard copy too - I've always figured it was just because 1) reading on a desktop screen is uncomfortable and ties me to my desk, whereas I tend to write better when I find the "right" spot; and 2) I grew up marking changes on paper with arrows, basic proofreader's marks, and marginal annotations, and I find the Word change tracking feature cumbersome. Neither of these are related to reading on a screen per se. In fact, when I'm proofing books I've scanned, in which the errors are generally minor but easy to miss, I move them off the computer and onto my PDA for final proofing and bookmarking of errors. That's the most comfortable way to give them a leisurely read-through, even though I need to go back to the desktop later in order to actually fix the errors.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote