View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
In my experience the B&N store has not switched to ePUB when downloading to a computer (Windows or Mac). You always get a PDB. Apparently a D/L to Nook directly gets an ePUB.

If you are dead-set on buying ePubs, and really want to use the B&N store, you need to go with the Nook... though I suspect that in a few months the B&N store will be fully converted to ePUB (customer service was a bit stymied too).

I personally did not like the Nook demo unit *at all*... and I was excited and ready to be dazzled. The Sony Readers are much better designs IMHO. And you can buy books, strip the DRM, and be legal for use on any device. (B&N can be stripped too, but I the whole can't get an ePUB was short of a show stopper... security by obscurity to the max!)

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote