View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #14
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
Collections are great, but it would be nice to remove individual books/content from the home screen as long as they belong to a collection. I find the home screen just to cluttered since the books are now on the home screen as well as whatever collection that they have been added to. I believe that the home screen inventory is a poor implementation and should be cleaner
When you sort by 'title' instead of ' most recent first/author or collections' (on the upper part of the Kindle), it gives you a sorted list of the collections (also sorted within the name; _ C. Novel E-H etc) and only after the four or so pages (I have 23 collections) your home screen starts.
But mind you: put a space after the symbol you start your collectionname with or else nothing sorts right.

After adding some books by Calibre or else; sort by ' Collections' and than only the books that are not in a collection = the new ones appear after the list of the collections and you can send them (or not) to any collection using the 5-way.

With all of my 2000 books I have some advice:
Think before you load any book, on how you want them appear on your Kindle, what symbols to use (look on the forum)in which collection/ a specific collection split in parts etc.

Happy reading.

Last edited by desertblues; 10-21-2010 at 01:33 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote