View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I have a library of 2000 books on the Kindle, and it hasn't slowed it down. I loaded them in batches of 2/300. 4 GB is for the whole Kindle= programthings and so on: it leaves about 3, 09 GB for books/document/music, so Kindle's boost of 3500 books is appopriate.
But take care: indexing makes the Kindle unstable for a few hours. Best is to give the Kindle a rest while indexing and load it (wall charger or on the computer). I made it a habit to load a batch of books at night; leave it on the PC and in the morning indexing had finished and I could do everything I wanted on. Indexing is a weak point.
As for collections; look on the forum, as a lot has been discussed about it.
Good luck; happy reading.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote