View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_Putra View Post
I am a Malaysian who will be buying PRS-300 when I go over to US in Aug. And I have set up OpenVPN in my pc to hide my IP address. However, I know that the other hurdle in buying ebooks is my non-US credit card. How do I overcome this issue? If I register using a US address (for my M'sian credit card) will that be enough or will they still check on that and discover that my card is not US based?
There are a number of companies offering 'virtual' debit cards, that you load money into from a normal card or account, and then use to buy things online. The one I use (Entropay.com) will validate any address a merchant sends them, so they will appear to US sites as though it is a US card.
You could test it out before buying the reader by buying a cheap book from the online store.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote